The right blind rivet nuts for
Advantages of riveted joints
- In comparison to screws, the advantage of blind rivet nuts is that no thread is made in any of the components.
- The connection is permanent and can only be broken by destroying it.
- It only requires access to one (usually the outer) side of the component.
- Setting a blind rivet nut is quick, easy and straightforward.
Blind rivet nuts are used here.
This overview shows which blind rivet nut has the appropriate material thickness for riveting (depending on rivet diameter and length). This dimension is generally referred to as the clamping length (K).
- To avoid contact corrosion, the workpiece and blind rivet nut should be made of the same material for metal joints.
- The diameter of the hole should always be 0.1 mm larger than the diameter of the blind rivet.